Calculate your post-frame building system load requirements.
The Diaphragm and Frame Interaction calculator helps you design buildings that meet load requirements. You enter the number of bays and default values for stiffness and load requirement, and the program calculates specific values for eave load, horizontal displacement, diaphragm stiffness, shear displacement, and shear load.
- Click here to download the DAFI Calculator.
- Save the file "DAFI_1_0_0_1.zip" to your computer.
- Double click on the "setup.exe" file to install the program on your computer. (You many get a security warning "Publisher cannot be verified. Are you sure you want to install this application?" Click on "Install" to proceed.)
- When the installation is complete, the program will launch.
- Enter default values in the first tab and click on the "Submit" button. Click on the other tabs to view specific values and the results of the frame and diaphragm analysis.
The picture below gives you a preview of how the program works.